Thread: Barreled action wiggle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    iehooligan11b
    Lol... Ok so in in the process of hunting down new action screws. I may have gotten a bit rambunctious with my trimming job. This rifle is kickin my butt ha

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by iehooligan11b View Post
    Lol... Ok so in in the process of hunting down new action screws. I may have gotten a bit rambunctious with my trimming job. This rifle is kickin my butt ha
    you can pull your bolt put your action screws in and see the screws or at least the rear screw...if you cant see the front screw because its hitting the barrel then add 1 washer at a time until the action is tight then look at/measure the washers and take just a little less off then the washers fit it and trim more if needed. personally i dont CUT the screws i take a fine disc on a grinder and hold the screw with my fingers and take off a little at a time,if the screw gets hot the edges start to roll and most times you can not save the screw.

The front action screw won't hit the barrel. It comes up between the locking lugs and the barrel where the lugs of the bolt head reside.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar