Quote Originally Posted by Bigdave1977 View Post
Yeah, I think I will definitely go ribs, or neck if it's too close. I don't see one running after being shot by this. Then I can put it away until I get back to the range. I'm taking it elk hunting next year, but just have to shoot something besides pigs with it. It rolls 300 pound pigs though. I actually shot a boar in the chest with it last year and had it run about 100 yards and die in a creek bottom. 4 wheeler couldn't pull it out so it stayed their.

Dave
The Auodad was only about 225yds so not a long shot. I had really hoped to see a pig to shoot with it to see if it would punch thru the plates. Maybe next weekend.

I bet it does do a number on the big pigs if you are punching them with the 300 grainers, but that is surprising one could go that far after a hit with those in the chest. It must have been what we refer to as a Volkswagon, they are definitely tough animals.

That should be serious medicine for Elk. I want to take a couple of more animals with this one before i commit, but I'm tossing the idea around of building a bit lighter version for a more friendly to carry stick. You start to notice its on your shoulder fairly quickly at 13lbs, i guess I'm getting to darned old for that! LOL