Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
Hey Dennis not for nothing, but a Daisy Red Ryder could do that with one of those Nightforce 55X that I know you are sporting.LOL

Dean
Dean, thanks for the reply on the primer pocket tool. I just saw a few comments stating the punch wouldn't hold up too long.

Anyway, when I was finding my load for my 338 Edge, I had and still have a Vortex (maybe 25 power) bolted on it. In fact it's still on the rifle. I have been temped to shoot it @ 600 yards, but the 7,000 grains of powder necessary to do so has kinda put a hold on that project. Who knows, maybe one day.

And "BarrelBurner", those shots were probably my 15th to 18th shots when I shot that group. My shoulder had about as much as it could take Using the Berger 300's. I feel lucky to have shot that group. I am glad Dean turned me on to the 160's as my shoulder doesn't feel nothing when shooting them.

I was about to give up tuning this thing in, and a person (I forget who) PM'd me and said Retumbo would be my best friend. That's all he said, no load info given. I tried it and have loved the rifle since.

As you can see, even with this rifle and 300's, a few grains of powder makes a difference. I would never have believed it unless I experienced it myself.

I also have the tuned stock accu-trigger on the rifle. I didn't do anything but bed the stock on this rifle. I plan on only using it for hunting.

Process: I bought a 7mm donor, changed the barrel to the 338 Edge, bedded the action/stock, mounted the Vortex scope, tweaked the trigger, and that's it folks. One of the most accurate cheapest rifles I have ever built. Kudo's to Mr. ScopeEye for making all the suggestions when I was building it and started trying out different loads.

Again, Thanks to everyone