Hello there,

Thought I'd run this by you more experienced folks.

I got my new 10fp and attached my EGW base and added the Burris XTR 1" Low rings. I attached my Simmons Aetec 2.8-10-44mm scope and bore sighted it at my house with a laser bore sighter. We took it to the range and could not get it to group at all. We checked to make sure that the barrel was free floated and that the screws were all tight. We tried switching which ring was in the front. We made sure that the base was tight to the gun. We even tried an older Bushnell 9-40 scope and still have not had much luck. We were able to get a small group together but it was very low and not where we were aiming at all. The problem seems to be that we keep running out of adjustment upward. We have tried a lot of differently things. I am very new to guns in general, but the person I am working with has been working with guns for 20+ years and is pretty competent. He is going to drop by an extra pair of rings he has later this week and I was going to attach them and see what we can do at the range after that. Can you guys think of anything we haven't tried?