I found a source for inexpensive Pillar Bedding Stock, $7.95 ea for packs of 2-4" sections of 1/2"OD x .252"ID and 3/8"OD x .252"ID aluminum 6011 tubing...there is a gunsmith in AZ that sells it, $19.85 shipped for enough to do several rifles...

What do most savage owners do with the rear pillar? The rear action screw is not meant to be pillar bedded is it? The way the action screw rides up so close to the trigger mechanism just about makes it impossible to pillar bed the rear screw...I ordered the 3/8" stock to see if iI could bevel the pillar to clear the action screw and trigger interface and allow about 50% of the pillars shoulder to contact the action, the front will be a 1/2" OD x .252" ID and make full contact...so...does anyone bother pillar bedding the rear screw? Or just the front one? I will be glass bedding as well...did some measurements the rear pillar would be somewhere close to .85" and the front at about 1.4", the rear pillar is also not going to be surrounded by wood like the fronts are...it will get a dab of epoxy to hold it in position while the front sets up, once its broken apart the rear would get buttered up with DevCon and then dremel'd and contoured to clear the trigger...should actually be as strong or stronger than the front riding in wood

Anyone ever done this before? Specifically pillar bedding the rear pillar in a Savage?