I had read a while back that your bullets should be seated at least as deep as your caliber. Such as if your shooting a 22-250 with a .224 bullet of course that the bullet should be seated at least .224 into the case. Is this correct? Reason I ask is because I just used a 50 grain vmax and my hornady oal guage to check using that bullet where my lands were so I could figure out where to seat that bullet. Now I did use a bullet comparator to measure to the o - give but I also measured the tip to case head length at 2.515, the case length at 1.908, and that bullets length at 0.771. So if I add the bullet length to the case length and then subtract the overall length from tip of bullet to case head I get 0.164 of that bullet would actually be seated into the case. (Please correct my math if I'm wrong) So in order to seat the bullet to the point .224 is in the case I would end up having a 0.060 jump to the lands. I've read 0.010 to 0.030 is about the ideal range for a hunting rifle if it will fit in the magazine and that is not an issue in my rifle. So should it be seated at least .224 deep and this is simply not an ideal bullet for my gun or does it matter or should it be seated even deeper than .224. Thank you!