It sounds like at 1/2" you're doing pretty darn well and I'm not sure if bedding would improve things any or not. Then again I'm not sure spending $$$ on an aftermarket stock would help either. I have several with the old stocks that are shooters, some are bedded but my favorite _06 is not. A lot of folks seem to complain about how the older stocks are flimsy and I know you can take your hand and push the barrel into the stock. Personally I've never had any of mine that caused a problem under real world shooting conditions, be it propped up on bags or steadying for a shot off of a tree or rock. I squeeze the trigger, the bullet flies true and the buck drops or the hole appears in the bullseye. Just me but if I have one shooting 1/2" I probably aint gonna spend a whole lot of time or money trying to get it to 1/4".
Bedding the old synthetics is easy and economical enough so if you just want a project for fun then go for it. If done right it wont hurt anything. A whole lot of folks just start throwing parts and money at a rifle expecting major accuracy changes with factory ammo. You've already made the biggest accuracy improvement to any rifle by hand loading first.
Good luck and have fun.