Thread: Problem mounting rail to 110 flat back due to twisted action- permanently bed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPa View Post
    If it was machined before or after the lug races were broached I don't know, but my best guess the bridge was cut flat using the "looks good" approach after a few shots of Jack Daniels.

If you look at the right side of the bridge the flat machined for bolt release clearance and the lug races you'll see they're parallel to each other and the best I can tell from your pic the races appear to be straight.

One other question, do the holes for the mount screws line up now? If the holes line up the best you can do, bed the the action to the mount otherwise hang it on the wall or sell it to someone you don't like.

Bill
    As I mentioned in my original post, the back is at too great of an angle to even get the rear screws all the way in. Furthermore, the four holes do not line up with the barrel. I think the front two screws may be lined up close enough, which is why I asked it if could make sense to permanently bed the base, using screws only in the front. I don't know if that would be strong enough, and I'm not sure what products could be best for it.

It seems that there's a lack of consensus regarding whether the action is actually twisted, necessitating that I twist it back, or simply cut poorly, necessitating making the best of what's there. Could twisting the bridge level make things worse?

Basic Member
    notpu
    The action is twisted!
    I would have the action repaired (aligned) and use all the screws for the scope base.
    There comes a point where creativity with a firearm is not wise, and I think we are there.

I'm wondering if the action screws are aligned, can you install both the front and back action screws?
    I've been tring to resist but I can't help myself, would you please remove the action and post more pics of the actions?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olddav View Post
    notpu
    The action is twisted!
    I would have the action repaired (aligned) and use all the screws for the scope base.
    There comes a point where creativity with a firearm is not wise, and I think we are there.

I'm wondering if the action screws are aligned, can you install both the front and back action screws?
    I've been tring to resist but I can't help myself, would you please remove the action and post more pics of the actions?
    Sure, I'll post some tonight. It seems to fit fine in the stock. Are there any particular angles that would be most helpful?