Thread: Just Picked up a .223 Axis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MrGiggles
    Cool, thanks guys. A Google search didn't bring up much, I'm surprised there isn't much available for these rifles, as common as they are.

Ordered this scope and the weaver rail from Amazon this morning. I've had a couple of smaller Barska scopes and haven't had any issues with them, in fact I think they were better than many other low end models. This one has good reviews all over the place, and for what I'm after I think it will work great.

http://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-6-5-20x.../dp/B001JJCHOS
    Last edited by MrGiggles; 09-02-2014 at 09:37 AM.

n4ue
    MrGiggles, you will love this little rifle. I have a lot of the 223s, some rechambered into different wildcats.
    Do yourself a BIG favor and search here for 'trigger jobs'. I have done over a dozen rifles and it cost all of a $1 to get it from the 8# category to 2 - 2 1/2#. The best part is that it eliminates all over travel as well.

ron

MrGiggles
    Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    MrGiggles, you will love this little rifle. I have a lot of the 223s, some rechambered into different wildcats.
    Do yourself a BIG favor and search here for 'trigger jobs'. I have done over a dozen rifles and it cost all of a $1 to get it from the 8# category to 2 - 2 1/2#. The best part is that it eliminates all over travel as well.

ron
    That was about the only thing that's undesirable on this rifle. I did look in the FAQ thread but I have to have a paid membership to view the trigger job thread, but I will search and see what I can find.

n4ue
    Hi. A paid membership will pay for itself many times over. BUT, having said that, if you wish just shoot me a regular email
    n4ue@arrl.net
    I'll be glad to help out a fellow shooter!
    Although I have NO idea of your mechanical ability, you NEED to try my method before you spend $$ on an aftermarket trigger.

ron