Thread: Winchester brass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    For what it's worth to ya...
    I saved a bunch of primers I pressed out & reused about 50 of them. All of them fired with no trouble however - I've been told if the little wafer of explosive in the primer is cracked or damaged when it's punched out, it may not fire.

I didn't have any trouble with the semi-used primers I tried but that's not to say you could have one not fire when you need it most.

Like when a 250 lb. hog is in your sites. Coming straight at you. With no intention of turning. Giggling at you while you pull the trigger and only hear *click*.
    Just sayin'...
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Basic Member
    Lol well the pigs I shoot (whistle pigs) don't charge very often although I walked up on one in a hay field years ago and he definitely gave it a try! Attempt a hip shot with a bull barreled 22-250. Not an easy task! Haha but might have been a bad day if it hadn't went off for my redwings.... But ya that's kinda what I was getting at, if they are gonna be sketchy on being reusable I may as well just be extra careful and pop the primers in the gun. Shame there's no real way of telling if the pockets loose before you waste the primer though. I know they're inexpensive but I'm pretty cheap. Hate to waste them.