Thread: Is this possible?

Basic Member

Is this possible?

I have a 7mm RUM action I'll be building a 338 edge on. The action is stagger feed. If I cut the box off the action, can I use centerfeed DBM?

Also, can I use a factory stock from a 110FCP Lapua for this build? Will the DBM be long enough, or is that just a waste?

Chris

Basic Member
    No.....the stagger feed magazine is longer than a magnum center feed dbm.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    No.....the stagger feed magazine is longer than a magnum center feed dbm.
    Wow, didn't realize the SF box was longer than the 338 Lapua DBM.

Basic Member
    The 338 Lapua magazine is not considered a "centerfeed" magazine compared to the other standard Savage magazines. That particular magazine is a "specialty magazine" made by an aftermarket manufacture. I thought you were talking about a standard Savage centerfeed magazine, which only come in the standard length for the long actions.
    You could use the Lapua magazine and that stock, providing it comes with the hardware for the mag. You will still have to do a little mill work at the rear of the mag opening.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

And you dont have to cut the blind box off and ruin it either. just put a large screwdriver where the mag tab fits under the lip cut into the action at an angle and give it a good bump with your palm. The mag box will pop right out with no damage.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Had one other question. I have a stockade gun stock set up for a side release CF blind. I'm looking at an action with bottom bolt release. Can I use the stock? Other than buying a new trigger guard, what else needs done? Any inletting for trigger guard? Any issues with doing this?

Chris