Quote Originally Posted by grendelguy View Post
FWIW, I shot a couple boxes of 6.5 grendel Wolf Gold and when I reloaded them there were some issues. I have read that some have got 4-5 reloads on this brass but I had about half of a box blow primers out.

I would maybe load them up mild and keep a couple for fowlers or just plinking stuff. I think better quality brass is gonna be the ticket for repeatable accuracy.
I'll add to the "maybe, maybe not" crowd with regard to brass from Prvi Partizan (the actual maker of Wolf Gold, as well as the brass cased Monarch ammo from Academy).

I've spoken with and shot along side guys who've had good luck reloading with PPU brass. Mainly they were loading .303Brit for enfields, or 7.62x54 for Mosins. do not know how may reloads they were getting per batch of brass, esp the enfield shooters and in light of my own experiences.

as to my own luck/experience, I've used PPU in both .303 and in .308. in the case of the .303, that No4Mk1* had a bad barrel (throat) and I sold it after less than 100rds of reloads. as for the .308, Bought 140rd of PPU 175gr "match" to use as cheap break-in fodder, the once-fired brass it turned out to be too soft to use. I was getting ejector marks and blown primers with Start loads of varget and IMR4895.