Thread: Finally got out after some PDs today

Basic Member

Finally got out after some PDs today

Finished up some errands this morning, got home, noticed the sun was shining, the wind was not blowing, and the wife was not home. So I threw my 223 AI and my 22-250AI in the truck and left, stopped at my little range on a farm that is on the way to the PD town, shot some test loads through the 22-250, made it up to 43 grains of h380 under a 40gr sierra hollow point before pressure signs showed up, and headed out for the PDs.
    The first shot of the day was the best, lined up the 223 on a big dog right at 100 yards, he was laying down on his mound, cut loose a 55gr vmax and when I looked up over the scope he was still 3 ft in the air, he landed about 5 ft behind the mound, there were more gymnastics to come but that first one was the best by far. Got a little sun burn but it was worth it, I hope we have some decent weather next weekend, money is kind of tight now and I cant afford to do much drag racing, but PDs are close and cheap.

Mike

dcloco

Re: Finally got out after some PDs today

I am jealous. Thanks for sharing though!!!!

CJ in WY

Doggin is good for the soul!
    Been waiting for the pups to venture out before I start on prairie dogs but the ground squirrels have been fun
    A couple of before pics ;D
    [img width=600 height=450]http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/prairiedogs/websize/DSC03891.JPG[/img]
    [img width=600 height=450]http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/prairiedogs/websize/DSC03896.JPG[/img]

Basic Member

Yept...waiting for a week or so more then the pups will be up here too....

Have a 'patch' on my farm that needs 'removed'....the previous owner had a

punk kid ride around on a quad with a 410 shotgun...these p/dogs ain't seen nothin' till

I get out my 20 Practical with 32 V's @ 4000 fps on the hill above around 350 yds away....

;D

S/shot Savage & heavy Pac Nor's rock !! 'JM' Marlin lever gun nut !

Deserthunter

What part of the State are you in...... I lived in Eastern Utah for a number of years and found them. I haven't found any for some time on the West Desert.... Also, I haven't checked in the last little while, what are the dates that there closed to shooting..... One last thing, what species are you poking?

I really want to get out and bust a few, it's been years, I'm disabled now and it's hard to locate them......

Thanks, Mike

Basic Member

Been a good month so far out here, 623 removed from just 1 spot this month already.
    The ranches I shoot on are flowing with them this year. Ground looks like wheat in the wind....moving with them running for cover..... ;D!

TOO Builder

Cut it out you guys, your killin me :'(. The new 20 Vartarg is shooting FANTASTIC but it will still be a couple weeks before I could even get a chance at going doggin.