Thread: Can someone check my math.

Basic Member

Can someone check my math.

I've written a function to calculate the cosin based on an angle degree. If I input the angular degree of 30 into a function is the result ~.866. Can someone check this in a ballistic calculator? Thanks for the help guys!!
    Last edited by psharon97; 07-26-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Thanks for the help!!
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Trig is one of those branches of math that I find pretty useful in day-to-day life. Remembering the values on the unit circle, however, wasn't so useful, though I did think, "cosine of 30 degrees is the square root of three over two."

Basic Member
    In hunting situations it's best to eliminate the possibility of human error as much as possible.
    Main reasons being the excitement factor tends to compound the possibility of mistakes.
    An animal usually dosent cooperate as targets do which also adds to the excitement factor.
    Angle can be a considerable factor and must be dealt with when setting up for a shot.
    The best system ive seen in use is an ipod with a built in program. Just hold the ipod on the barrel
    and it compensates for the angle. Other data is entered also of coarse. I personaly dont use this system,
    and it's doubtfull i will change due to age and mindset. I use a small device called a (slope doper) which is
    also held on the barrel to indicate the angle. It has embossed on it the difference in yardage caused by the angle.
    No math involved other than deducting from the distance shown on the rangefinder. I think i paid $30 for it about 5 years ago.
    Prior to that i used a chart sorta like a click chart that had been made up for angles. Still had to find the angle however and the
    slope doper does both.