Hello. I was directed here from another shooting site when I started asking questions about my Stevens build. What I have now is a Stevens 200 in .223 topped with a Mueller tactical 8.5-25x44 mildot scope on some bases that I dont know. All together was 300 bucks and Im pretty happy with what I got. Having had a 10FP .308 in the past, I knew I was getting a good base. My first time out using cheap plinker 55 grn rounds, on a bad rest and the trigger at the stock 56 lbs she shot a 5 shot group of a little under 1.5 inches.

Anyways, my plan is to build this rifle into a mid range 600ish yard target rifle. No competing, just for fun with my friends. My plans are to exchange the barrel for a 1 in 7, and get a better stock and bases first. Then replace the trigger since its actually not to bad when adjusted. So here are my questions.

1. Since Im going to rebarrel it I was thinking of maybe just converting it over to a .308 since I still have reloading components leftover from my 10FP. To do this I would just need to replace the bolt face and barrel right?

2. Being that its a .223 it has the staggered feed magazine right? Therefor this stock would work? http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=161586

3. Is the screw spacing 4.25 or the 4.4 inches? Im thinking its the 4.25 since it seems the 4.4 is the centerfeed mags.