Thread: 7mm Rem Mag?

sdeeter19541

7mm Rem Mag?

I recently won a new 22LR, got me thinking of trading some things to get another rifle. I'm looking to get something in between a .30-06 and a .375R....or go back to my plan from two years ago and buy either a .45-70 Marlin or a 300RUM

I'm seeing a couple 7mm Rem Mags on the 110 platform at the local shop. What can you tell me about that round? I'm not where I can look into it at the moment, or I would look it up.

7 rem mag what's not to love, tried and trued proven hunting and target round, go for it.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Luke45
    agreed to what dean said, only downside is recoil, with a 7 lb facory gun with a pencil thin barrel a 7 mag will definilty roar.

sdeeter19541
    Recoil can't be much worse than my .375R.

Is the 7mm a belted case?

Well, I will have to wait until I get off this project to get home to do some trading. I appreciate the info.

[QUOTE=sdeeter19541;272173]Recoil can't be much worse than my .375R.

Is the 7mm a belted case?

Yes the cases are belted,

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    I have a 7RM Win. M70 with a 26" sporter barrel in a synthetic stock. With the heaviest loads I can't tell much difference between it and a .30-06 with heavy loads. It's probably not as light as a savage though.

Bearguide444
    like everyone already said whats not to like. Its my antelope gun for western hunting sited in at 2 inches high 200 yards and you can hit anything out to 300 yards with no Kentucky wind-age

Basic Member
    One thing I've noticed is a center feed is preferred to the stagger feed. Its just easier to load and feeds the belted cartridge consistently smoother.

Wow,all this from winning a 22? Somebodys' got it bad!
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

sdeeter19541
    Nah, just looking to get a new toy... this just freed up another piece in the corral to trade.

I have a pretty potent 30-06, so the 7mm really isn't filling a niche I don't already have filled. At the time, it was just something I hadn't heard too much about...I actually changed my directions already.

I'm pretty much set to procure a 243 later this fall...that would fill a void that I don't currently have a cartridge for...varmint. I like the looks of the 243 because it has similar balistic to a 22-250, but can take a slightly heavier bullet on the top end of the range. It could serve as a deer rifle when my daughter gets old enough (unless she wants to carry one of the 30-06).

If you're a handloader take a hard look at a 243AI. A little more power if you need it and brass life is much better. I have one in McGowen and it shoots under an in at 200 yds all day.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.