Thread: Axis .223 bolt handle nut loose.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    n4ue
    Gabe, sorry to hear about the ammo situation up 'there'.
    I moved from Mass. to Ky, then to Florida. Definitely going in the right direction! ha ha
    The comments about the chain stores was spot on. "Down here", all the Ganders, Sports Authority, even WM are flooded with ammo. Even (gasp!!) .22 LR.
    I was at a Gander last month and never saw so much Lake City .223 in one place in my entire shooting career.... Yeah, not the cheapest, but, hey......

ron

Gabe1972
    Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    Gabe, sorry to hear about the ammo situation up 'there'.
    I moved from Mass. to Ky, then to Florida. Definitely going in the right direction! ha ha
    The comments about the chain stores was spot on. "Down here", all the Ganders, Sports Authority, even WM are flooded with ammo. Even (gasp!!) .22 LR.
    I was at a Gander last month and never saw so much Lake City .223 in one place in my entire shooting career.... Yeah, not the cheapest, but, hey......

ron
    I never expected it to be such a problem. I just thought they had sold out or something when I had first purchased the gun. I had no idea that this is an ongoing problem, but I should have known better being it is such a popular round and there is no more online buying here. I will find some sooner or later, whether FMJ or not. With regard to the 22LR, that whole thing is ridiculous. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time a couple of years back when Walmart had a 550 count box of Federal 36gr hollow point for $17 and some change. Heck, $17 now will barely get you a 50 count box of some junk brand .22LR, if you are lucky enough to even find that. What's going on with the .22LR ammo prices is most definitely price gouging and I would not be surprised in the least bit to hear that there are class action suits against chain stores that are selling it for four or five times what they did three years ago. It's not right.

I called the local gun shop I mentioned in an earlier post and asked him again if he was sure the Wolf brass ammo was not bi-metal jacketed. He said he was sure, and from what it looks like on the Wolf site he is right. I think what he has is the Wolf Gold, which is definitely just copper jacketed. He's got it for $14 a box, which for a local gun shop, isn't bad. He said he's got over 100 boxes. I'm going to get a few for sure. Stock up...why not? It's brass and it's copper. Even if it's dirty, I clean my gun every time I shoot, at least I do with my .22LR and I will also with this.

An off topic question, and maybe you can answer this...I have an Outers cleaning kit which I got for my .22LR some time ago. It's got sizes .17, .204 and .22. Now I know that the .22 is the right size, and it has a brass brush and a plastic spear pointed jag, so those are fine. The question I have is will the 3-piece steel rod be okay with this gun, or should I look into getting something different? It also has an adapter that I have to use for the .22 attachments, and I think that is make out of aluminum. If I should get something different, I don't want to spend more than maybe $50 at the most, but less would be even better. The kit I have also has this "tri-care" stuff, which is a cleans/lubricates in one type thing. It only has this, no separate bottles of cleaner and oil. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Gabe1972; 07-18-2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Misspell.