It's me again! Yes. I have some other questions!

Just to let you all know, I am searching for answers for my questions before I post here, so as to not take up anyone's time unnecessarily.

I did successfully find the correct EGW scope mount from a large vendor that I can put a scope on. That should be coming next week. I am saving for a good piece of glass (US Optics, Nightforce, Schmidt & Bender, etc.), but until I do I'm going to use my 6-18X40 Luepold in the meantime.

Heres where I got lost. The Savage 12 FTR has an Anschutz rail. The rifle came with a Bipod adapter specifically engineered for. Harris bipods. Great. I have a. Harris that I can use. However, I cannot see how this adaptor mounts! Do I have to take the Anschutz rail off? It will not slide in from the front of the rail because the rail is tapered down in the front apparently to keep the adaptor from sliding off the front of the rail.

So, do I unscrew the rail and slide it in from the rear, then screw the rail back down? The other strange thing is that the adapter is a single piece of steel that has no type of screws to actually hold it to the rail! Very weird! I've looked up other adapters and they hall have one or two screws on the base so you can secure it to the rail to prevent movement.

Im just frustrated that the manual says NOTHING about it, let alone directions! I looked everywhere online and can't find a solution.

what do I do guys? Unscrew the rail and slide it in from the rails rear? But then how will it stayed secure? Any help, as always, is appreciated!