I'm doing a wilcat barrel for the first time.

Application: Hunting rifle, .35 cal., ~20" barrel

Please suggest:

1. What barrel taper I should look at for a .35 cal @ 20" in a hunting rifle?
2. A twist rate for 225gr max prejectiles (180 and 200gr for sure). I'm thinking 1:14"
3. A barrel maker.

I know that the choice of barrel maker is quite subjective but maybe if I could get a "top three" then I could choose based on delivery, etc. I'm leaning toward Shilen.

Also some dumb newb type questions...

4. I'm going to rebarrel myself. Will the barrel maker need my action to chamber the barrel? Since this is a Savage there is no need for him to need the action, right?

5. I want the barrel to be finished in a matte black/blue finish. I don't want stainless. Do the barrel makers finish them or do they all leave them "in the white"? If I want it to match the Savage Action what finish do I tell them to give it?

6. I have a good LGS who will order order whatever I want. Is is better to order just an action or have him order me a Stevens rifle or the new Edge?

7. If rifle, what caliber? I have a .308, so ammo interchangeability is there. I would like a 7mm-08, but not really now that they changed the twist rate. I really can't think of a reason why I would want a .243.