Thread: Custom bolt handle

Basic Member

Custom bolt handle

A couple years ago when I first started looking at buying a savage, I was a member of this forum. At that time there was a guy or two that was showing some custom bolt handles that they were making. I can't remember who they were tho, or if they showed how to do it. I'd like a new handle, but don't like just the plain tactical ones. Anybody have any info, recommendations?

rob.dizz.89
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramstud41 View Post
    A couple years ago when I first started looking at buying a savage, I was a member of this forum. At that time there was a guy or two that was showing some custom bolt handles that they were making. I can't remember who they were tho, or if they showed how to do it. I'd like a new handle, but don't like just the plain tactical ones. Anybody have any info, recommendations?
    Glades Armory has a few different options...and the bolt handle is threaded so you can swap out knobs whenever you want. Just an option. Sure there's millions more just gotta sift through the thousands of threads on here haha.

Jonl
    There is guy called ridgeway on accurate shooter that makes cool bolt handles reasonable. I Have two. Check him out

Savage6x284
    The 5/8" Stockade BH is a very nice unit.
    My favorite.

COplains
    Talk to boots....enough said.

I lied...I love the one he made me for the .308 project.

Now enough said...grinz.

Basic Member
    I've looked at a couple places you guys mentioned and it seems like they all only have the flat back handles.
    @COplains, I think boots might've been the guy that was doing them a couple years ago. I'll shoot him a pm and see what he says

Basic Member
    Keith Johns at Phoenix Custom Rifles does a good job on factory bolt handle conversions. He did one for me and I will be sending him another soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramstud41 View Post
    I think boots might've been the guy that was doing them a couple years ago. I'll shoot him a pm and see what he says
    A couple years back, the Admin here allowed me to do a brief run selling modified handles. Since that time site rules prohibit the sale of such items, so to be in accordance with the rules here I am no longer selling my handles on this site. I am not stating this to start a discussion on the rules, they are what they are and I totally understand why the site has this rule and I fully intend to continue following it, so please nobody start talking about that again , been there done that.

Thanks for checking, I just don't want to rock the boat or break the rules by doing any dealing of handle sales here either publicly or via PM as I believe that is a violation as well.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonl View Post
    There is guy called ridgeway on accurate shooter that makes cool bolt handles reasonable. I Have two. Check him out
    I have two also, and they are excellent. Both of mine are round back.

You can also have your factory handle threaded (usually cost around $30-$40), and then put on whatever knob you want.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    I have two also, and they are excellent. Both of mine are round back.

You can also have your factory handle threaded (usually cost around $30-$40), and then put on whatever knob you want.

Plus 3

Basic Member
    What's the best way to contact the guy off of accurate shooter without having to sign up and everything? I'd like to see what he has to offer before I make a purchase

Team Savage
    chuck@ ridgewaybodies.com