Thread: Sear Pin Differences ??

Supershot

Sear Pin Differences ??

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and hate to start with a dumb question, but here goes anyway.

I have worked on quite a few 110-116 series Savage rifles over the years. I never paid any attention to there being any differences in the sear pins. I have ran into two types of sear springs, those with a bushing and those without, but I always thought the pins were the same. I am assembling a new rifle using various left over parts from other projects. The action is a 116 that was originally a 7mm Mag. I find I have all the pieces I need, but I'm short a sear pin. This is a trigger with the bushed sear spring, so I went to order a sear pin and find at least three different part numbers. Can anyone explain the differences and tell me if they are interchangeable? Are the lengths and/or diameters different? How do I know which one I need?

Thanks,

Mark

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Supershot View Post
    Hi all,
    I have ran into two types of sear springs, those with a bushing and those without,

Mark
    At one time they used a larger diameter torsion spring with a busing inside the coils. AFAIK the pins are the same diameter as the new pins. I replace the older springs/bushing with the newer smaller diameter or those made with .035" wire.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.