The scope is curious. I am always partial to a fancied up fixed power. Variables have come a long way from the 70s where I first encountered them but I have a really hard time to date to trust a variable to dial a turret while shooting. I like to shoot and LEAVE the crosswires ALONE and estimate on my own what to do to hit the target in a given environment/condition. If I know my rifle is zeroed for 109 yards (.22 Hornet for instance) I know what to do in the field without dealing with a range finder or laser or pacer to the target. I can tell be what it looks to me to be and then do the best to make the rifle and the cartridge make up for my mistakes in firing or estimating range.
So I start looking for a scope for this CZ 527 model I am vastly familiar with in a cartridge I have hardly heard of until I saw it on the rack.

It was the CZ American in .17 Hornet and really it didn't matter what caliber as long as it wasn't a Creedmor or Krag or Tokarev.

It was taken home along with a Browning X Bolt in .22- 250 Special Varminter Palladin stock 24" barrel thumbhole stock laminated light brown and red and green and lovely with a 4.5-14X Leu VX3. Yeah I'm ready for some more varminting but the .22 Hornet to me is the ticket to real time real historic varminting. Historic varminting was walking out there into the fields and using the least amount of noise and fuss to deal with a varmint. Enter the .22 Hornet. During a Depression.

No round since then has the class.