Thread: BVSS stock issues

Basic Member

BVSS stock issues

I've been having stock issues with my #12BVSS 308. That stupid magazine clip doesn't contact the pillar and I don't get a solid feel when torquing the screws.
    I also feel a small "pop" when loosening the screws, but can't seem to find where it's binding. Tang has been floated.

I have a Chaote stock laying around, so on a guess, I put the barreled action in it. I had to barrow the bottom plastic and mag from my #11VT to put it together, as the BVSS is blind mag setup. The mag won't snap in, but I shot it single feed. First thing I noticed was how the screws just tightened to a point then stopped. +1 for the aluminum bedding block in the Choate stock.
    Long story short, I did some load development with it and got it down to .292". Best this rifle has ever shot.

Obviously I'm keeping this rig as is. Now the question:
    I need bottom metal and mag for it. I've searched the various threads here on the subject. I don't care to spend what the aftermarket stuff is going for, and I don't need a large capacity mag. I use this rifle for F/TR comps.
    The #11 bottom plastic allowed me to assemble the rifle without issue. So I'm thinking I can order bottom metal and mag from a #12 VLP/DBM through Savage.
    I don't know why the #11 mag won't completely clip in the bottom plastic it came from, but I assume the VLP/DBM parts will fit OK.

Does anyone have experience with ordering the bottom metal and mag from Savage? I won't have a serial number, so I'm hoping they will help me out?
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Basic Member
    PM me for a SN to a varmint 223 with all metal surround, regular Savage DBM. The mag won't be right, but I think the bottom metal will be.

Basic Member
    Still hoping someone can help me out with a serial number from a #12 VLP/DBM 308.

Team Savage
    I can help with a # for 12vlp 223

Basic Member
    Thanks Bean, but I'm hoping for a 308 serial number so I get the correct mag part number as well as the bottom metal.