Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex Optics Military Program

2111 Marine

just saw this and i will be looking into this very soon , thanks !!!!!

brangus1111
    Thanks for this post Lonewolf. I just sent an Email to Travis with a copy of my DD-214. I am loooking at the Viper HS-T and PST not sure which way to go yet. I'll let yuns know what I come up with. Again Thx.

Basic Member
    Just try to pass the good word around! It's hard for me to even look at other brands now.

brangus1111
    Hey Guys, I emailed Travis at Vortex yesterday about this program and got a reply first thing this morning! Talk about service. These guys are amazing and offer a substantial discount for Active Duty/ Retired/ and Law Enforcement. I will be ordering mine in the morning. Just trying to decide between the 4-16x44 and the 6-24x50. Any suggestions? I want the magnification but worry about close range shooting (when deer hunting, since this is a multi-purpose rifle), say 75yds or so. I hunt in Northern Missouri so im generally shooting 200 yds+ but thought i'd see what you guys think.

Basic Member
    In a world where everyone is building excellent optics it is good to see a manufacture that has stepped up in the customer service department. Vortex CS is better than their product and their product is excellent! I have three rifle scopes from them and a spotting scope and all are great. The other day at a match and my razor went down on the last stage. It was a bummer. Something was wrong with the turret and I lost my zero. When I got home I took the turret apart and the set screws were loose for the zero stop. I thought I had fixed it and took it to the range to get my zero. After I zeroed the rifle I set the stop and then moved my target to 300 yards. Well there was no adjustment in the turret! I called Vortex from the range and told them what was going on and that I had a match to go to on Saturday! They told me it was a timing issue and what to do. Well it didn't work so I packed up my gear and went home and new in my mind I wouldn't make the match and I would have to send it in for repair. When I got home it was past their hours of operation by about an hour but I called anyway to see if I could get a postal code for shipping. A gal answered the phone and I told her what I wanted to do. She said fine and wanted to know if I wanted to talk to Jim. I said yes in a last ditch atempt to get it fixed. He told me what to do and would call me in the morning as this was way past their closing time. After I got off the phone with him I took the outer turret off and for the first time I seen where it said on the inter cap "before loosing screws reset to zero". Well this time I followed directions and in a few minutes had it working! Next morning Jim called and said he was going to put a tec on the phone to walk me through the process. I told him thanks but that right after I had talked to him the night before I got it up and running. He said "really? Thats great!"
    I know, long story, but I give credit where credit is due. I did make it to the match and was able to do really good (by my standards anyway). Thanks Vortex!

rrumba
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    There is a major centralized program out there that puts hundreds of manufacturers discounts for mil/vet in one place. I hate posting it in public just because so shoot me a PM if interested. As with the others above, if you do not have a .mil address you will have to show proof such as DD214.
    Can I get the info about the program please

Quote Originally Posted by rrumba View Post
    Can I get the info about the program please
    Contact Travis @ Vortex.
    Travis Boran
    Consumer Sales Associate
    Vortex Optics
    1-800-426-0048 Ext. 402
    www.vortexoptics.com
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Basic Member
    I just found out yesterday about this discount. I called Vortex and gave Travis my email and he sent me the info. it is offered to all veterans active duty, retired, disabled, and to any who served.
    I placed my order and he got back to me for some clarification on the product I ordered. He then told me it would ship out first thing in the morning.

The discount is 35% off the msrp which is on their website

Basic Member
    35% is a pretty nice discount even if it is off msrp. It definately puts me closer to being able to buy a quality scope. I wish this information were more public knowledge as i can assure you much more of us military would buy more often. A little off topic but same concept, i only buy glock and s&w from certified dealers that are authorized to give mil/le discounts. With that discount i can buy a brand new pistol for $350!! In some cases thats almost half off!

jjdgldaz
    You should live the vortex

Well, being retired military, I guess I need to talk to Travis! I've been in the market for a new scope to put on my 223AI.

brangus1111
    Hey GaCop, Im retired as well. Let me tell ya, these guys are the best on earth! Travis in sales is Amazing. Never before, on any order, have I received a hand written letter thanking me for my service (it was in the scope box when it came in). And to top that, I wrote a review for their website, and a few days later got an email from Jim in marketing saying he was sending me a bunch of free gear. :) Notice I haven't even spoken about the optics yet...their customer service is just that good. I ended up with a Viper HS-T 6-24x50 and it is Sweet! Best tracking, i've ever used by far. You wont go wrong buying from them.

Used this program back in September and ordered a 6-24x50 PST ERB-1 MRAD the EBR-2C was backordered. The service was great and shipping was fast. I am pleased with all aspects of the scope. This is a great program and company.

I have been reading good things about Vortex lately. This, on top of the rave reviews puts them over the top for my next scope. I'm building an Axis my wife gave me. Pretty sure now it will end up wearing a Vortex.
    You know what I like best about people? Their dogs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12