Thread: Axis Heavy Barrel is real... Just an fyi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Wonder if it will have an accutrigger?
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

n4ue
    OK, trying to buy a new HB Axis......
    Yes, I know they are all over the web. However, I love my "not so local gun store". Know the owner/gunsmith and he's a great guy. I just prefer to buy locally, although I have purchased several rifles off the internet last year... (he just couldn't get what I wanted)

Check this out.... I walk in and had the print-out from the Savage web site with the P/N, picture etc.
    Owner's son gets on the phone and calls his supplier.
    I'm standing back listening to the phone conversation. I still have good ears... ha ha

After several tries of giving her the model #, he's getting pissed. He starts talking slower and louder to the supplier. He describes the rifle in agonizing detail. He might have been speaking Latin... He gives up, She (the supplier) has NO clue and obviously doesn't care.....
    He tries supplier #2. Yes, they know about them, but only have 223, 22-250, and 308. NO 243, which is what I want.
    The nice young man takes my info and apologizes saying he'll find one. Called an hour later and I have a 243 on the way........

I already own 2 other 243s. One a M700 Rem Varmint Special, which is waaaaay to heavy to lug around (custom laminated stock, etc). The other is a Ruger American which also shoots excellent.
    Don't care about the Accu Trigger. I've got my new parts just waiting to install, just like my other 6 Axis rifles........

Life is a journey. Just frustrating when you want to help the economy and can't. ha ha

ron