There are many people who say that the best they can shoot with a single decent support is about 3moa.

Regarding free floating, yes, sorry to say but you are naive. No factory rifle I know off has a quality bedding unless it has a full bedding block like an accustock and even then you need to be sure that the barrel is free floating. It is one of the most common problems to have with a factory rifle. You should assume you will have it until you have verified that you do not. Use a playing card and have the rifle supported the way it will be fired. Then see if the playing card clears all the way back to the nut. If not relieve it with a 3/4" hardwood dowel wrapped with 40 grit paper until it is free floated. There was a lot of discussion regarding the way sniping rifles changed in vietnam and that with the Remington style rifles it was critical that the barrel didn't touch anything including vegetation or else the shot would be a flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
I was shooting off a bench, with no rear bag. Shoulder pocket only.

I did not verify free floated barrel while shooting. Maybe I'm naive, but I assumed the weight of the gun wouldn't be enough to flex the stock that much.

Regarding flinch, I don't think that I have it...but I'm a realist and wont rule it out. The brake I am using is ported on top and has slots on the L & R. Nothing on the bottom. It really tames the recoil; 20 rounds today and felt like nothing.