No still a math problem, 8" low at 100 yards is just about 8MOA or 32 clicks on a typical scope.

I cannot see how it is possible to look down the bore and have the target centered in the bore back and front, yet hit the ground 25 yards away. If the barrel was bent that much I am not sure you would be able to see out of it. I just did the math on that. With a .243" bore and 26" barrel, the field of view from centerline to the edge of the muzzle is 16MOA. So top to bottom is 32moa. So there is just no way the muzzle could be pointing down 90MOA because you would be 60MOA past the point that you could see any daylight out the bore.

There is something wrong with your setup. Go to the hardware store and get a 3 foot straight edge (steel rule) bring it back, take everything off the reciever and first lay it on just the barrel. Top and bottom. It should be obvious by comparing top and bottom if the barrel is bent. Then lay it on the top of the receiver on edge, not flat. Now see if the receiver is aligned with the barrel. If you have a caliper you can measure the barrel taper so you would know how big a gap to expect at the muzzle to the straight edge. For a barrel to be off 90MOA (1.5 degrees) the muzzle would have to be low by 0.68" (26" long barrel) and I am sure that is close to the diameter of the muzzle. The .68" would be the difference in measurement from a straight edge laid on the top vs the bottom of the receiver to the muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by SKami View Post
Westcliffe01 your math is spot on, with the first 20 MOA rest, and .040 in shims, plus the 20 or so MOA in the scope, I ended up about 8 inches low at 100 yrds-that's 88 MOA in my book.