Hi again
Well, here it is 2:00PM and I have just returned from the gun club range. I took the .243, and since 'chuck season is almost upon me, I decided to see how it would handle 55 gr. 'chuck loads.
As I have not bought any .243 bullets yet, I went with the Federal Premium 55 gr. Nosler BT factory load. That's all I was able to get around here in the 55 gr. bullet weight I wanted. At least I will be able to re-use the brass.
Anyway, considering the fact that I have never had too much luck with Federal ammo, I wasn't expecting too much.
I was sort of pleasantly suprised. After getting sighted in with the load, I got serious and went for group using a Weaver KT-15 scope, off a bench.
I fired a total of four 3 shot groups, and one 5 shot group. Throwing out the second three shot group due to a serious flinch, I was left with three 3 shotter with a group size averaging .878". Not bad for a factory load.
I let the barrel cool, ran a bristle brush and 3 patches through it and went for the 5 shotter. Grouped .967 center to center widest holes.
Now, it's time to get the components, and make this gun really perform.
Like I said, I don't know how they sell a gun of this quality for the price.
Thought you all might be interested.