Thread: Learning MIL/MIL Scopes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike Vegas
    Yes sir that is the correct concept at 100 yards... Here's what I found from the Carolina shooters club...

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...MilRad-Reticle

I love the EBR-1 or the NP-R1 reticle because I can just place the reticle where my bullet landed and guess-timate my adjustments and can do a follow up shots immediately...

It would be nice to invest in one of these bubble levels...

Install this on your rifle base... This is more important than the scope bubble level...

Then at 100 yard target with a use of a carpenter bubble level and a marker draw a line across the target and make sure the target doesn't move once you have done this...

Then have your rings top part is loose to make the adjustments necessary to get your reticle lined up with the line on the target WHILE making sure the base bubble level is leveled. Once the base bubble level is centered and the reticle is lined up with the line you draw on a target, slowly tighten the top screws making sure that the scope doesn't move...

After the rings are tightened and base bubble level is still leveled, install the scope bubble level. This is the easy part, just make sure the base bubble is centered and tighten the scope bubble level and make sure it is also centered...

Once you have this on the scope RIGHT the first time, there's no need to calibrate the scope if you move it to a different rifle...

If you want to be double check your scope if it is leveled you can draw a vertical line using one of those extra long bubble levels carpenters uses to make up for the adjustment you are going to make on your scope later. Place a mark in the middle of that line to mark your 100 y zero.

Before shooting MAKE SURE the base level is centered every EACH SHOT. Fire 3 rounds on the 100 yard mark it should be dead on. Adjust your scope ALL THE WAY UP until you can no longer make any adjustments, WHILE STILL aiming the cross hair at the 100 yard mark. Make sure the base bubble is centered each shot, and fire three rounds.

Hoping that your target can accommodate the adjustments you are about to do i.e. Your scope vertical adjustments is 10 mils then make sure you have 36" of paper above and below the 100y mark.

Now those 3 shots should land on the line you draw, if it did, drop the adjustments all the way down and shoot 3 rounds while STILL aiming at the 100y mark, if done right it should land on that same line but below the 100y mark. If it did not, verify the bubble levels... I have 4 USOptics, 3 holland and 2 vortex bubble level and all of them are very accurate.
    Last edited by Mike Vegas; 04-10-2014 at 10:02 PM.