When you say "Used to collect data" , be mindful if you are going to be using it for load development and you do happen to go with one of those magnetospeeds that they are attached to your barrel , I think that says enough... I have gotten many years service out of my chrony and albeit some people do have problems getting theirs setup I personally have been happy with mine and here's how I set it up.

1) Get yourself a reasonably priced tripod from an electronics store that deals in cameras (expect to spend anywhere from 60-100 bucks)

2) Get some hockey tape and assemble (snap) together the sunshades and then wrap them in tape so as your not trying to assemble a NASA project out at the range.

3) Make yourself a small bracket out of some angle iron that will bolt to the remote display so when you have it sitting on the bench the coils of the cord aren't trying to pull it off should it get bumped.

4) Here's where some people have their problems... The actual distance from muzzle to the beams.. After years of farting around I've found that the closer you get to the muzzle without encountering muzzle flash the better you'll be... with my 6.5x284 I've had it as close as 24" without any problems. When I place it at the recommended 10' , I would find it to be a bit too finicky .

5) If you do plan to use it at distances of 10' or so then I would recommend replacing the steel rods for the sunshades with either beverage straws or wooden dowels... This way when you buddy decides he wants to try it and he hits the rods it won't send your chrony off into the magical chronograph land (and it will happen lol)