I ordered a new 28" super match grade barrel chambered in 284 win from Pac-Nor. I sent them a dummy round with a 168 gr berger vld for throating purposes. After 8 weeks, I received the barrel and checked the throat length with my OAL gauge. To my dismay, the throat was reamed too deep for the 168's or the 180's. Probably would have been fine for normal bullets with longer shanks though.

I called Pac-Nor and spoke with Casey. Casey listened to my gripe and said, "Ship it back now, I'll get a new barrel started immediately". Really? Just like that? Then he told me to ship my action with the barrel and he'd headspace it for me while he was at it. In addition to all of that, he said he would expedite the barrel and have it to me in a few weeks. So I sent my action with the original barrel and also sent another dummy round.

After a few weeks, the barreled action arrived and was throated to the exact length of my dummy round. After following Pac-Nor's break-in instructions, I went to the range to do some load development. In my first round of development I found a load that shot .3's. I'm sure the barrel will do better but I'll definitely be loading that recipe again and again.

It's nice to see a company that is as concerned with customer satisfaction as Pac-Nor is. For the record, I am a tiny customer, this is only my second barrel purchase from Pac-Nor...though I am sure there will be more.