Thread: Savage Axis Tactical Bolt Handle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Part number for the right hand stainless steel Axis handle is 108556. They are $14.

Good luck!

cranebird
    Well I turned down a handle on my lunch break today. It came out half way decent but I was running out of time since I only have 1/2 hr for lunch so to finish it today,I tig welded a 1/4-20 set screw on it where I cut the football knob off and being quick and easy, it won't win a beauty contest or anything. I really like the function of cycling the bolt now, quite a bit nicer than the short handle. I was running the lasers today so I didn't have time to really build it right after messing around with turning the handle down, it ate into more time than I wanted to spend but the Knurling came out good. Usually I know just enough to get myself in a mess but overall it was a good 1/2 hr spent.

If I find I quit liking it ,I can rebuild it, shorten it or build something entirely different.This summer I'll take it back in and powdercoat it matte black.
    Last edited by cranebird; 03-17-2014 at 06:26 PM.