Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else order a Body's Tacticool yet?

Basic Member

Did anyone else order a Body's Tacticool yet?

Just saw the posting from Boyd's that it was available today. I went and ordered two for my last two Axis builds.

Anyone else order yet? It said out of stock when I ordered, so I'm wondering if their waiting til they have the orders to make them, if the site's not updated, or if they already sold what they had.

Can't wait to get them!

Countryboy 1150
    I will be ordering one. I been waiting for them to release the tacticool stock.

2111 Marine
    will be possibly ordering one in the next month or so !!!!

Forever draggin
    I was gonna until I seen the barrel contour

Basic Member
    Opening up the barrel channel should be pretty easy. I've done it with my Prairie hunter on my 308 Axis, and a few other stocks.

A dowel, socket, or pipe of the proper diameter, and some sand paper is all it takes. Well, that and a little time and elbow grease.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2111 Marine View Post
    will be possibly ordering one in the next month or so !!!!

Same here!

04silvy
    Yes sir..i did. I actually ordered one before they even posted that they would be available so im 100% positive that they were never IN STOCK as i had to be one of the first to order. Might just be finishing up the final details.
    Last edited by 04silvy; 03-08-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Basic Member
    Placed my order on Friday 3/7. At the time it said out of stock. I love Boyds for listening to there customers. I have been asking and asking about that stock. And now its finally here!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silvy View Post
    Yes sir..i did. I actually ordered one before they even posted that they would be available so im 100% positive that they were never IN STOCK as i had to be one of the first to order. Might just be finishing up the final details.
    Tried to reply to your PM, but your inbox is full.

Last I saw, Jen said Axis stocks were following their standard out of stock time, 1-2 weeks, rather than the 4 weeks, but not sure if that includes the Tacticool.

I ordered a tacticool stock about 6 months ago for my Savage Model 11 (posted pictures right after the install). It only comes with a cavity for a blind magazine so I built one using parts from the detachable mag that came with my original Trophy Hunter. I believe I ordered the varmint barrel contour and it fits my EABCO .260 barrel like a glove. I installed a Karsten cheek rest and I plan to sink a rail into the forend so I can either attach a swivel stud, a bipod or leave it bare for shooting from a front rest. Pacific Tool and Gauge is coming out with new bottom metal for Savage short action and they even have a version that accommodates the bolt release that is just forward of the trigger. If I get it in gear to set up a sled for my router, I might be able to do a decent job of cutting an inlet for the PTG bottom metal and AIS box magazine.

Hi-wall
    I'm ordering one Monday for a HB .308 build

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Just an update - starting later today/this afternoon all Boyds' TactiCools can be ordered in laminate or Walnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-wall View Post
    I'm ordering one Monday for a HB .308 build
    Last edited by sales@boydsgunstocks; 03-20-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Basic Member
    I just checked the website, and don't see that option. Does this need to be done over the phone? Price difference? Can already placed orders be updated?

Thanks!

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Still working on updating the site :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    I just checked the website, and don't see that option. Does this need to be done over the phone? Price difference? Can already placed orders be updated?

Thanks!

sales@boydsgunstocks
    They are ready!!

Countryboy 1150
    I just placed my order for one

Basic Member
    Very cool!

Now I have to see about changing my order.

Basic Member
    Decided to stick with the textured black finish on both of these (will probably get a different laminate for a 110 build), and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

04silvy
    Well post up some pics as mine isnt scheduled to arrive until thrursday. The suspense is killing me..lol

Quote Originally Posted by sales@boydsgunstocks View Post
    They are ready!!
    I'm ready to buy a laminate Tacticool for my lefty FLV 12 in .223. Probably a stoopid question but I'll ask anyways: could I get it checkered?? I didn't see an option for it.
    Chris, USN (Ret)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silvy View Post
    Well post up some pics as mine isnt scheduled to arrive until thrursday. The suspense is killing me..lol
    Here you go! Had to open up the barrel channels, and decided to paint one.

223 with 22 inch heavy Savage barrel.

243 with 20 inch heavy McGowen barrel.

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Unfortunately at this time we do not have any checkering options for the TactiCool models, we are adding new options weekly and I will be sure to let Engineering/Design know that this would be a good option to add!!

~ Jen

Quote Originally Posted by bulabula View Post
    I'm ready to buy a laminate Tacticool for my lefty FLV 12 in .223. Probably a stoopid question but I'll ask anyways: could I get it checkered?? I didn't see an option for it.

Basic Member
    Also wondering if one could get a Tacticool without the butt hook cutout...

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Unfortunately we are not equipped for this type of custom option (altering a standard shape) at this time. However we are working on several new shapes/designs and I will be sure to let our design team know that this should be an option! Thanks for the inquiry!

~ Jen

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBEACH View Post
    Also wondering if one could get a Tacticool without the butt hook cutout...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sales@boydsgunstocks View Post
    Unfortunately we are not equipped for this type of custom option (altering a standard shape) at this time. However we are working on several new shapes/designs and I will be sure to let our design team know that this should be an option! Thanks for the inquiry!

~ Jen

Ooooooh....oooooh....Please....P..p...p...palease an old style Monte Carlo style M40 stock for Savage LA/SA with a wider fore end...

Kinda like this...

Or this

Or this
    Last edited by CAPTBEACH; 04-02-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast