Thread: Bolt Head ID#

COplains

Bolt Head ID#

The number that is stamped on the bolt head lug, is that a serial number or does it identify it some way? Also, does anyone have 110 serial number, preferbly for a .308, that I can use to look up parts on Savage's web site? The only one I have that will still work is for a 7mag. Numrich has some parts in stock that I am after, for the bolt head, and I want to make sure I get the right numbers. Most are the same but a couple need some clarification. Thanks as always, kb

Had a serial number for parts lookup, my bad.
    Last edited by COplains; 02-28-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Team Savage
    I think it is a serial # the same as the rifle that it came off of

drybean

This may be of help also:
    http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Configurations

The 4 numbers on the bolt head are the last 4 digits of the serial number for the gun the bolt head was installed on.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

COplains
    I knew this couldn't be easy, esp when you have dain brammage. The schematic I am looking at for parts @Numrich list the bolt head pieces as fitting 30-06, 270, 25-06 and a couple others. Its my understandind that .308 bits for a bolt head are interchangeable with at least the 30-06. Is that the case? They are the only place with at least some of the bolt head parts in stock I have found. Since I have no idea what model rifle the bolt head came off of I'm just guessing so I can pull up a schematic to order parts. Savage part numbers are all over the place so no help there. Thanks, kb

If it's a 110, you need the "long" standard bolt head. The 308 and 30/06 would use the same bolt head with the longer shank. Reference the picture in the link I posted above.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

COplains
    I have the bolt head, stripped....I need the guts Hot but you answered my question anyway...thank you Sir!