Thread: I'm "ALL IN" For Savage...Baby!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm "ALL IN" For Savage...Baby!

Well, I'm not a big rifle collector; matter of fact I have been blessed with four rifles- three of which are Savage (.22LR MK II Classic, an older 110 in .223 and a new Hog Hunter in .308). My .17 HMR was a Marlin...until today. XT17 with satin finish laminate stock. I've been lusting after a Savage 93R17TR for a while. I like the McMillan (?) style stock, fluted barrel, etc. In my opinion it's built better than the Marlin too- noticeable particularly in the extractors / bolt area.

Just for grins I took the Marlin to two LGS's. One was not overly enthusiastic. The other, however, has a new 93R17TR available to order (delivery end of this week) AND gave me a decent trade in on my Marlin 17XT. I AM VERY excited. My new .17HMR has a laminate wood stock painted black.

Does anyone know if this stock is made by Boyd's or is it a proprietary Savage stock? Kinda looks like the Tacticool...

A Range report will be forthcoming, Good Lord willing and the weather warms up here a bit.

I'll be looking for a new scope too. Gonna look at the Nikons as I've had really good performance from them, also at Millet and Mueller. Funds available for new scopage are about $250.00. Looking for a fine crosshair, and of course clear glass. Feel free to "suggest away". Thanks!

Brian
    Last edited by Silvercrow1; 02-17-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!