Thread: Got my first Savage!

Birddog123

Got my first Savage!

Well, I joined the SS forums a little over a week ago. Been dying to get a decent rifle or at least an action for the Savage. I found a guy asking $750 for his 111 Long Range Hunter in 7mm. He was only interested in cash so I had to sell my Browning 270WSM in order to get it. Fair trade-off considering the 7mm will do everything the 270WSM will.. just adding some weight and a little less bullet selection perhaps.

Anyways, I'm pumped! He said he never fired it but I had a hard time believing that until I ran some copper solvent through it and he was right. Also came with a Harris bi-pod. It also shoots great and the accutrigger feels a lot smoother than my Browning.. which I thought had a great trigger too.

My original plan was to build a heavy .308 as a good shooter. I think the 7mm heavy barrel will serve me well though.. I have a Leupold Vari-XIII 4.5-14x50 as my glass. I think I'll send it to Leupold and get the turret knobs for it... I don't think I'll have much use for more magnification anytime soon.

Once I get some 7mm brass and RCBS dies I'll be all set. :D

Get a load worked up for it and then send off for the Leupold custom dials. They'll be made to your load specs and work very well.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

daniel87
    On my .308 mod 11, I lowered my accutrigger weight to almost the lightest weight. Bolt opens easier now and the trigger is perfect.

Powder valley has 7mmrem mag in stock right now.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.