Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AR or AK?

Quote Originally Posted by buxman66 View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't know that you have the price list of everything under the sun bub! I purchased 2 mak90's under $500. This aint a pissin match. I trying to answer the O.P. question when he started this thread. The point is th........screw it. Done. People like you make me stay out of these conversations. BUXMAN66 OUT!
    Actually I do regularly price AK's, especially Maadi's. So if you're finding some at those prices please share! As long as it's not a Maadi MISR that is.

And I apologize, didn't mean to make it into a pissing match, the OP asked questions and we were both answering them. Don't get your panties all in a wad.
    US Army Military Police Veteran, NRA Life Member

I was always happy to see the Taliban using AKs. Especially on full auto because they could not hit a thing.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    i was always happy to see the taliban using aks. Especially on full auto because they could not hit a thing.
    lol

mazda3gun
    Lol, too funny snowgetter1!

I'm not concerned with full auto though. Would be cool, but expensive; I can see myself now... Going broke from buying 1000rd+ cases of ammo every payday only for it to last one day of fun!

KY is a class 3 state and allows such arms and licenses, but I'm not going down that road. Talk about being on the NSA and Big Brother's radar...

Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    I was always happy to see the Taliban using AKs. Especially on full auto because they could not hit a thing.
    That wasn't due to a bad firearm but rather poor shooting discipline. Back in the early part of OIF one of my buddies had a Haji jump right out in front of him about 30 ft away and dump a whole magazine at his truck. Not one round hit him but there were bullet holes all around him and his windshield was gone. Haji would have done the same thing with an M16.
    Last edited by AZ_GUN_NUT; 02-25-2014 at 10:21 AM.

That wasn't due to a bad firearm but rather poor shooting discipline.
    It was. The VC in Nam did a bit better for sure.

Why did they go to a 3 shot burst on the ar?

Quote Originally Posted by Stockrex View Post
    Why did they go to a 3 shot burst on the ar?
    During Nam they discovered that the number of rounds fired to number of hits/kills was too high. So they came up with the 3rd burst to keep the guys from spraying and praying. Then they found out the the troops figure out how to disable the 3rd burst and did away with it.

Thank God this is in the off topic. .....But, I was an advisor to an Afghan infantry battalion and they had poor shooting discipline. After we transitioned them to M-16A2s they really began to shoot a whole lot better. It was just easier for them to control it than an AK. But, the Afghans made their money with RPGs, PKMs, and recoilless rifles anyway.

mazda3gun
    AHEM! *cough cough*
    Some fat man with 2 full-auto AK's, what happened in 'Nam with M16's, and Afghan infantry that can't shoot aren't cohesive to what I'm wanting/needing to know fellas. BTW, it was really hard to not express my feelings of hatred in the use of racial slurs and/or being a total horses' ass.
    I got flagged once already, not long ago, because I spoke how I felt and expressed freedom of speech about 22 ammo and mentioned a certain person that has affected the ammo/firearm crisis as a whole. -what that vaguely specific enough to keep from getting more points?

thomae
    This has run it's course.

I'm closing the thread before it really spins out of control.

Thanks for those who actually contributed useful information to the OP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.