to help my R/L adjustments, on my 223, I took the Farrell base, & where the Burris rings fit, I "filed" the one side of the base. took off approx. .005, just where the rear ring fits. that help get me some adjustments.

I didn't take any more off, as when I put the 22-250 barrel on, it shoots the opposite way. I could have taken more off, to center the scope, but then as I said, with the 22-250 barrel, I would be that much more to the opposite side.

there are trade offs in every thing, depends on how much time a person wants to spend "tinkering".

we all have to realise that anytime you remove a barrel, & reinstall it. it will never be EXACTUALLY where it was, so the scope will always have to be tweaked.

I tried this on all three barrels. my b-i-l & I put this in his milling machine. using an "edger", I would head space a barrel, take it off, then reinstall it-headspace it. did this at least 6 times with each barrel. never could get it back exactly where it was with any of the other headspacing. some were very close, but never exact. if you remove a barrel, then reinstall it, you will have to tweak the scope.

like you, my goal was to set the scope at mid-range adj.'s & if I had to use Burris inserts, get it as close to center as possible, so I would have lots of scope adj.

it can be done, just will need to shim, adjust base, & use inserts. I haven't found any other way.

Gene