Thread: Waiting for Vortex!

bflee

Waiting for Vortex!

I just found out today by email that the scope I ordered from SWFA is backordered until March. I ordered from them because it didnt say it was backordered on the web site. I guess I can build me a nice bench while I am waiting. I have been getting by with a 3-9x40 Leupold since I got the Savage 6.5 Creedmoor rifle for Christmas. I ordered the PST 6-24x50 ffp with the EBR2 reticle, and evidently everybody wants one. I can still perfect my load a little and work on that bench.

buxman66
    Cool.keep us posted. Looking forward to ordering mine also.

Basic Member
    You could try cameraland and see if their faster. My demo hs4-16x44 lr showed up in five days, new york to oregon.

bflee
    Thanks Bluealtered. I saw where they had them for 630 bucks demo models so I called. All they have is MOA models and i want the MRAD. I just changed my order to the BR1 reticle and its on the way. Cameraland told me the BR2 wont be out until late spring. I am not that patient and the BR2 is not a deal breaker for me.

SThomas3791
    just curious what model vortex?

bflee
    Pst 6-24x50 mrad ffp

SThomas3791
    Quote Originally Posted by bflee View Post
    Pst 6-24x50 mrad ffp
    nice! dont know why i didnt notice that in your original post lol

Eric A
    Quote Originally Posted by bluealtered View Post
    You could try cameraland and see if their faster. My demo hs4-16x44 lr showed up in five days, new york to oregon.
    I would 2nd that on Cameraland...I had my Vortex in 4 days or so...from NY to Michigan... Generally their prices are better than SWFA also... especially their open box or demo units...

NotoriousAPP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric A View Post
    I would 2nd that on Cameraland...I had my Vortex in 4 days or so...from NY to Michigan... Generally their prices are better than SWFA also... especially their open box or demo units...
    How was the quality of the open box/demo scope? Any probs with it other than some cosmetic damage? Was the box missing any parts?

NotoriousAPP
    Quote Originally Posted by bluealtered View Post
    How was the quality of the open demo scope? Any probs with it other than some cosmetic damage? Was the box missing any parts?

Basic Member
    I've bought 2 demo scopes from them in the past month or two ( a razor and a pst) and if they hadn't been listed as demo's i would not have been able to tell. Both arrived looking like NIB. ,and as stated above, fast delivery. I couldn't be happier with my dealings with Cameraland.
    Stu

bflee
    I was happy with my purchase from SWFA and I have my target shooting buddies on the run now with the 12LRP 6.5CM and the Vortex PST 6-24x50. They are all going to have to regroup! I would deal with them again. I called Cameraland before I committed but they didnt have the mil/mil in a demo. Prices were very comparable on the FFP-mil/mil.

buxman66
    Ordered a hs-t viper 6-24x50 vmr-1(moa) reticle and was told it is on backorder also. Needless to say im anxious to use it.