Thread: Colorado Coyotes

Basic Member

Colorado Coyotes

I have lived in Colorado now for about 3 years and have yet to call in a dog since I moved here. I moved here from Arizona, where I was getting pretty good at calling the songdogs. To tell the truth I totally addicted to them. Since I have moved to Colorado my calling has taken a back seat to fly fishing and thats not all bad. Anyway my oldest son came home on his first leave since he left for the Air Force last March. I got to spend yesterday out calling dogs with my boys...... We called one in on our first stand and my oldest got a little Coyote Fever and promptly missed. And on our third stand we had two groups of dogs sounding off at us but they just would not commit.

Well it was the best day out calling I have ever had. Having my two boys with me in the woods was just..... well AMAZING. Miss having them both home. The oldest leaves to go back to Florida on Sunday and Im not sure that we will be able to get back out.... Just had to brag a little about getting to spend the day with my 2 boys.

Not sure why its so hard to call dogs here. I dont ever see anyone out there doing it. But yesterday we had the whole area to ourselves. We didnt see another person just lots of deer and elk.

Ryan
    MOAON AABE

ShawneeB
    Good times with the family and everyone will remember.

Mating season, may get sidetracked with that and easier to call :)

Luke45
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawneeB View Post
    Good times with the family and everyone will remember.

Mating season, may get sidetracked with that and easier to call :)
    Im going to be in denver for a month or so for work here in march. Thinking about bringing my calls for the weekends, does an out of state resident need a licence for calling yotes up there? And are there enough dogs to keep it interesting? Im addicted to coyote hunting

Yes, you will need a license. Not bad though, $55 for year or $11 for first day, and $5 each day thereafter. They can be tough to call, low numbers, lot of calling pressure, ect.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member
    Northwest colorado is a great spot to call. I live there and north of maybell is a good spot. Rabbit in distress gets em runnin in. They are pretty wary but a few "kisses" and squeaks and they come in
    They can run, but they'll only die tired.