yeah, Mad Dog, I like the 220/219s, too and have a couple that I found (after selling a bunch in the house deal). Typical Savages; they work.

The "Lion" ("Leijona" in Finnish) isn't quite like a 333, just looks like it. They were imported by Sloans in the 1960s and some had an aluminum Polychoke rib added after they got to the US--it isn't as nice a rib as the steel Valmet-made one on the 333. They have a somewhat different receiver than the 333; their barrels interchange with the 330 but not the stock and other parts. And they don't have ejectors like a 333, so their forends don't interchange with a 333 forend either.

One problem with all these guns is that they don't come on the market very often--people that have them KEEP them! I was able to buy a near-mint 330 26" 12 guage for my Marine son last year because the dealer saw "Savage" on the barrel and figured it was either a Stevens or Turkish-made, so let it go for less than the usual Richifornia/OC prices we usually see on any gun that isn't a lump of rust (even on some of those).

The Valmet O/U was designed by a Czech exile in France right after WWI. When the French patent ran out in 1932, Remington picked it up as their Model 32. That died with WWII and the design was picked up postwar by the Finns and by the German firm of Heinrich Kreighoff (HK). HK makes mainly trap guns on it, very expensive.

Valmet redesigned the 32 to be as simple as possible and to work, and be able to be worked, in VERY cold weather. Having lived all my working life and much of my hunting life in cold climates (Wisconsin, Northern ID, Vermont, upstate NYS), I really appreciate that design. Like the American-made Savages, they were made for ordinary shooters and hunters, and they work.

Only downsides I can see to these is that they are fairly heavy-for-guage, especially the 20s, and the 330s have factory wood that is all over the place in quality, from exhibition Turkish walnut to gray/blonde "pallet grade." The blonde wood is light, which might be seen as offsetting its ugliness, but it is also weak and the small of the stock tends to split at the place where the impressed "checkering" die crunched it (I have seen this on a 20 guage 333, too).