Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
I have turned a reg chamber into an AI version many times by renting a reamer, it even comes with the T handle and go-nogo gauges, I would not do a whole rechambering by hand, but when doing just an AI version of caliber you already have, the reamer is in so deep into the chamber, that it guides itself with out any side load, you can feel what you are actually doing, and it is easy to stop and check your work often, I originally did this on a factory Stevens 200 25-06 factory barrel, that I wanted to turn into a fireforming barrel, and if it did not work out lesson learned, but it came out so nice I actually used the barrel, and any barrels I did after that I wasn't filled with as much fear and anxiety, it is actually quite exhilarating to rechamber your own stuff, even more then you feel when you first start making your own ammo.

Dean

This is the place I use

http://www.reamerrentals.com/
So can you achieve headspace in a Savage rifle without turning back the face of the barrel? I've always heard you couldn't but I don't know if that applied to Savages.