Thread: Left hand Axis into right hand boyds stock.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I understand and admire why you did that... But, for myself I'm still hopeful that Boyd's see the light and make a "True" left handed stock available for the Axis. I thought about it the other day, and came to realize I have never in my life (been shooting since age 8, 53 now) shot a true Monte Carlo style rifle stock. The cheek swell has always been on the wrong side. Heck, I don't even know if I would ever like that type of stock, but I would still like to try one, but of the hundreds of rifles I've shot, I've never shot a left handed Monte Carlo type stock. If Boyd's doesn't ever make a true left hand version available I'll just modify the factory stock, or go with one from S.S.S.

But, I don't wish to take anything away from yours... Congratulations on a very fine modification job, hopefully it will be a great shooter for you. :)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogeritall View Post
    I understand and admire why you did that... But, for myself I'm still hopeful that Boyd's see the light and make a "True" left handed stock available for the Axis. I thought about it the other day, and came to realize I have never in my life (been shooting since age 8, 53 now) shot a true Monte Carlo style rifle stock. The cheek swell has always been on the wrong side. Heck, I don't even know if I would ever like that type of stock, but I would still like to try one, but of the hundreds of rifles I've shot, I've never shot a left handed Monte Carlo type stock. If Boyd's doesn't ever make a true left hand version available I'll just modify the factory stock, or go with one from S.S.S.

But, I don't wish to take anything away from yours... Congratulations on a very fine modification job, hopefully it will be a great shooter for you. :)
    Boyd's has been here asking about the lefty axis stocks I think they will be doing something. They expanded there lefty model 10 line as I have a beautiful olive and black Tacticool now. Keep calling them also! I think my next build may be on an axis so I want a lefty axis Tacticool laminate.

Team Savage
    It has been mentioned that SSS does the inlet in different steps so it's a matter of doing the bolt handle cut to whichever side you want, after the action inlet.
    I did a right hand laminated black and grey thumbhole stock to fit my "lefty" Model 10 action. Hack saw, round file and sand paper got the job done. Turned out real nice.
    Plugged the right bolt handle cut with clear bedding compound. Sanded it smooth then colored it with a black marker and rubbed it till it was a close match to the rest of the stock. Shot it with clear coat. You have to look real hard to see the plug.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    good stuff to know for a lefty like myself...thanks
    Forgive My Sins.... Jesus .... Save My Soul