Quote Originally Posted by DT400 View Post
82boy
Well that definitely isn't what I wanted to hear. I am pretty leery of using anything abrasive in my barrel. Could you see hard carbon build up with a bore scope? I will do what I have to but something abrasive I think I need to verify that hard carbon is the issue.
You mention you use it every 100 rds or so. What tells you it's time to use the JB paste?
Darrell
Yes you can see hard carbon buildup in a good bore scope.

How do I know it time to use JB? Answer is feel of the patch when I push it through the bore. When the patch is "grabby" its time to use JB, after cleaning the patch will glide through. I understand about being scared to use an abrasive cleaner on your expensive barrel, but I have yet to see where it hurt anything. I have seen many PPC barrels go 4000+ rounds with regular use. Need a bit more convincing? Here is a target I shot in a match last year. This is 5 shots at 100 yards, under 7 minute time limit. This barrel has around 700 rounds on it and has been cleaned with JB close to a dozen times. I think if it was hurting the barrel it would not preform like that.