Thread: Boyds Gunstocks now Available for the Savage B.MAG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt99 View Post
    Well if you put a washer on the action screw itself below the pillar, it just essentially makes the screw shorter. You are actually trying to push the action up out of the stock to gain clearance while still having a firm bed.

I attempted to shim the mag mount and to file the stock, but the stock is already thin there so this is the easiest fix. Plus, I'd rather screw up a $21 mag versus a $99 stock.
    I know some of the issues with the safety functioning was from not using the stock pillars from the plastic stock and the action screw went into the action too far and impeded the safety. Try this, remove the washers and put the action into the stock with the safety on, watch the safety when tightening the action screw, if you hold the action tight into the stock and see the safety lever raise when tightening the action screw, the screw is too long for the stock.

Matt99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy B View Post
    I know some of the issues with the safety functioning was from not using the stock pillars from the plastic stock and the action screw went into the action too far and impeded the safety. Try this, remove the washers and put the action into the stock with the safety on, watch the safety when tightening the action screw, if you hold the action tight into the stock and see the safety lever raise when tightening the action screw, the screw is too long for the stock.
    That's essentially what I did to find that the two washers allowed for the perfect height. I still do not think a shorter screw is the answer but rather the action being slightly higher in the stock. The safety is working properly now. Just threw a scope on there and will shoot it Friday.

I've got 20gr and 25gr so we will see. I already have more money into it than the cost of the gun so I am looking at it positively. I'll report back after shooting