Matt, I will try and lend a little encouragement. 1st off Savage's spec of go/no go accuracy for the B.Mag is 1.5" groups at 100 yards. Ok maybe that isn't a tack driver per say but it is more than enough to take down a woodchuck, coyote, bobcat or a prairie dog.

Also bear in mind that when someone has a good experience with a company or product they tell under 5 people. A bad experience they tell 10 or more. Add that the internet can blow things up considerably.

Has Savage had some issue with the B.Mag, yes. Do they opening admit it, no. Do they take care of the consumer, YES.

My 1st B.Mag was an excellent shooter. Sub-MOA at 50yds & 100yds with 25gr ammo. Sometimes MOA or a little bigger at 100yd with 25gr buy always under 1.5"

20 grain was a different story. At 50yd it would shoot slightly over MOA to just under. At 100yd I could get MOA but mostly it was 1.5" or so.

The rifle is only going to shoot as good as the ammo. Hopefully this year or next there will be a non-Winchester branded/loaded 17WSM ammo OR that Winchester will start taking more care loading the ammo as the ammo crunch on 2013 winds down.

Until then, shoot it.