Thread: Boyds Gunstocks now Available for the Savage B.MAG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    yes I used them on my classic stock, came out of the plastic with no trouble,
    are the o-rings on the barrel really supposed to help or just align the barrel straight in the stock?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
    yes I used them on my classic stock, came out of the plastic with no trouble,
    are the o-rings on the barrel really supposed to help or just align the barrel straight in the stock?
    Some say the o rings helped with accuracy but I didn't see much(if any) improvement. I might try a piece of rubber inner tube under the barrel to see if it helps as the barrel is really flexible

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy B View Post
    Some say the o rings helped with accuracy but I didn't see much(if any) improvement. I might try a piece of rubber inner tube under the barrel to see if it helps as the barrel is really flexible
    Hey Jeremy, the o-rings will not with with a boyds due to the barrel channel dimensions of the stock. Try finding a piece of rubber that will just fit between the bottom of the barrel and the bottom of the barrel channel. Not to thick that it will put upward pressure, but enough that it will contact the barrel and dampen vibrations. Also locate the rubber under the barrel where words Bmag is stamped on the top.
    That's what worked for me.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsperaz View Post
    Hey Jeremy, the o-rings will not with with a boyds due to the barrel channel dimensions of the stock. Try finding a piece of rubber that will just fit between the bottom of the barrel and the bottom of the barrel channel. Not to thick that it will put upward pressure, but enough that it will contact the barrel and dampen vibrations. Also locate the rubber under the barrel where words Bmag is stamped on the top.
    That's what worked for me.
    That is what I was thinking since being free floated in the Boyds hasn't been an improvement in how it shoots. A barrel clamp like the 10/22 has crossed my mind once and there is a gun show close by this weekend