I just bought my first savage rifle, It was a new and never fired, but a display model. It was on there floor since 2007. It has a few small dings on the walnut stock, And a small scratch on the blue by the crown. It came with a simmons scope and rings, mounts, and sling. It has a accutrigger and is chambered in 7mm rem mag. $355.00. I am a paper puncher and have a few target grade rifles, but this is my first savage. I would like to see it as a tack driver, like the others in the safe. I have been looking at some techniques in bedding for this savage. I was going to float the tang, then bed the receiver. And looks like I float the recoil lug, except for the back side in glass??? Also I plan on changing out calibers so can I tape off the nut and continue to glass the chamber area??? Or just float from the nut??? As for lapping the lugs on the savage is it worth it??? And how good is the round crown on this barrel??? Any luck with flat recessed or 11 degree??? I am looking for advice on break in of this barrel too. Any advice on some good target loads for 7RM. I would appreciate any advice I can get.
P.S. I got roped in to reloading 7RM for the brother in law and a friend of mine, So I just mite as well have one around for my self. I have a Nikon for it already, as it will be competing against two 700's with loopholes.