Very interesting outcome from heavy Devcon "Plastic Steel" bedding job. Just finished the project that went on for a few weeks between parts accumulating, digging-out the stock, measuring, re-checking, Mudding, etc.

Job came out very well I believe...but my Bug-hole .223 load for this BTCSS varmint gun is now NOT as accurate as my hotter AR-15 accuracy load...funny. There used to be a pronounced diff. between tailored Savage load and AR load but the two have Swapped.

Yahoo, now I can tinker some more to develop a "New" best load for the Savage using 69 SMK's and VV-N135. I may be twisted, but I'm actually looking forward to the new load-cooking process.

I need a better day of shooting to prove it, but I am pretty sure it is the case. Is this normally encountered when the entire action (forward of the trigger anyways) sits in a mirror of itself and the rear tang is now fully floated (not quite the case when it was new)? It easily stands to reason.

I can post pictures of that full bedding process if people are interested to see another example. It was more work than I initially thought and pretty nasty during that 45 minute rush to get all the mud cleaned-up and out, etc. Ware 2 Pairs of surgical gloves as someone once suggested...it is a Very Good bit of advice.

Happily, action DID pop right out after curing for 12-15 Hours using just clear shoe-polish.