Hi guys, THANKS for all the info! Expecially about the Shilen.

As to the savage target action: Doesn't quite add up yet. You pay $400-500 for it, and yet it still isn't trued. So you have to send it off and have it trued. There went $150- or more. This is right up in the range of a Lawton action, or maybe some other somewhat off-brand actions. The trigger is good, but not great. so there you have to send it off again and right now SSS seems to own that market and their product is arguably competitive. Maybe the bolt needs to be replaced to fit a little tighter....the firing pin needs bushing.....see where I'm going? The economics just don't add up.

Now having said all that, I kinda wish I had bit the bullet and bought a savage target, 'cause a I built a "sorta" benchrest gun around a 12 action, and I'm excited about every part of it....except the trigger. I'm saving up $$ to get that little problem fixed, but I have suspect that for MY purposes (which are not competitive benchrest), had I gone with the target action in the first place, I might be satisfied right now. I dunno.

But that Shilen action....now that is quite interesting!